A MIX OF INTENSE FLAVOURS
La Picanteria del Escribà is the place where four culinary cultures from Peru, Japan, Brazil and Mexico meet in the heart of Poblenou.
Just like the traditional “picanterias” from Arequipa in Peru, our offerings are respectful to this ethos, and we provide traditional food and a place to socialise with different areas and spaces which makes the traditional cuisine more varied, original and exceptional.
With signature cocktails created by the best with the highest quality liquors and natural produce, there are also many options for combining them with our dishes.
There is an all-day bar and kitchen service…
Discover the Japanese grill, the most original and fragrant ceviches, nachos with cochinita pibil or the pasties that are such a success at the fair in Ipanema.
Allow yourself to be whisked away to a world full of flavours and enjoy an innovative experience in Barcelona, with a team of professionals and a cuisine that will surprise even the most demanding of palettes.
Brazilian electric trio 7,5€
– Chicken Coxinha (The most famous croquette in Brazil) 2pcs
– Kibe with catupiry (Veal croquette with herbs and creamy cheese) 2pcs
– Creole creamy risole (Corn and cheese croquette) 2pcs
Edamame sauté with kimchi and sichimi 5,5€
Duo of bravas 6,5€
– Potato and sweet potato with their spicy sauces
Yucca fried with huancaína 5,5€
Wantán Chicken Peanut with sweet chili sauce (4pcs) 6€
Shrimp gyozas (6pcs) 9€
Bacon gyozas (6pcs) 9€
THE FAVORITES CLANDESTINES
Patacón with sautéed octopus 14€
– Sauted octopus with tomato, onion, special sauce and fried banana
Lomo saltado 14€
– Beef sautéed with special sauce, onion red onion, tomato, chips and rice
The 3 little pigs, to eat like a big bad wolf 17€
– Cured ham pork rinds with cochinita pibil and its sauces
– Pork chops marinated in yellow pepper, cooked at low temperature and sautéed with anticucho
– Brazilian Torrezno with spicy guava sauce
Chicken ají croquette (1pc) 2€
* Ají de gallina is a Peruvian chicken stew, fresh cheese and yellow ají
Bolinho de camarao de Rio de Janeiro (1pc) 3,5€
* This bolinho is a shrimp croquette with cheese creamy and yucca served at Ipanema and Leblon bars
Karaage chicken 9€
– Japanese marinated fried chicken
Vegetable tempura 7€
Octopus anticucho 13€
– With choclo, confited potatoes with andean herbs, mayonnaise of olive kalamata and huancaina
WITH ALL OUR HISTORY
Amazonian chaufa 15€
-Jasmine rice skip to the wok with sausage, chicken, egg and banana pepper
Chopped chicken, fried potatoes and ketchup 9€
BAOS & TACOS
Crabbreburger with Andalusian crab, Mayonnaise of Sriracha, marinated onion and crispy lettuce 6€
Nikkei bao of bacon 5,5€
– Confit on yellow pepper, cucumber, marinated onion, sweet potato and teriyaki sauce
Calamar a la andaluza’s bao 5,5€
– With garlic and yellow pepper sauce Creole
Turkey bao 5,5€
– Marinated in chili pepper, mustard mayonnaise, crispy lettuce and Mint Creole sauce
Cochinita pibil taco 7€
– Low temperature boiled on marinated onion and chipotle mayonnaise (2pcs)
Chicken tinga taco 7€
– With sour cream and pickled onion (2pcs)
Crispy taco with tuna tataki 8€
– With avocado and wasabi mayonnaise and honey (1pc)
WITHS THE HANDS
Diced beef with fried banana 13€
– Corn flour stuffed with cheese served with guacamole and rocoto mayonnaise (4 pcs)
Cured ham pork rinds 12€
– Handcrafted with authentic skin of ham of Teruel, served with pibil cochinita, marinated onion, huancaína and spicy sauce
Sliced Loin quesadilla 6€
– Veal, onion and tomato
Vegetarian quesadilla 5€
– Sauteed mushrooms with white wine, onion candied and cherry tomato
With guacamole 12€
– Cheddar cheese, pico gallo and jalapeños
With cochinita pibil 15€
– Guacamole, cheddar cheese, pico gallo and jalapeños
With chicken tinga 15€
– Guacamole, cheddar cheese, pico gallo and jalapeños
Dúo de causas 13€
– Beet with tuna tartar, avocado and yellow ají with anticucho octopus and mayonnaise of kalamata
Causa de ají 8€
– Causa of yellow ají with breaded shrimp and huancaina
Patriot sea bass ceviche, pop, crab “a la andaluza” and rocoto tiger’s milk 19€
Tuna ceviche with avocado, ponzu tiger’s milk with yuzu, Crunchy sesame and onion 18€
From Lima to the Namdaemun market – Ceviche of crab with shrimp and prawns, kimchi tiger’s milk and fried yucca 19€
Ceviche of sea bass with squid “a la andaluza” and ours yellow aji tiger’s milk 17€
Classic sea bass ceviche, yellow pepper tiger’s milk and banana chips 17€
Our Michelada 6€
– Beer, tomato juice, clamato, lemon and tagine salt.
Picanteria Bloody Mary 9€
– Mezcal infused with chili and rosemary, tomato juice and spices.
Tommy’s Margarita (on the rocks) 8€
– Tequila, agave and lime syrup.
Original Pisco Sour 9€
– Pisco, egg white, lime, sugar and angostura.
Elderflower Pisco 10€
– Pisco, elderflower cordial, agave syrup and avocado bones.
Cosmopolitan Essex 10€
– Vodka, triple dry, lime, juice blueberries.
Flower Pisco Sour 9€
– Pisco, egg white, lime and homemade lavender syrup.
Cusco Chilcano 9€
– Pisco, passion fruit and ginger ale.
Playa del Carmen 10€
– Mezcal, Jamaican water, orange juice, spicy handmade syrups.
Vida Palomapica 10€
– Mezcal, pink grapefruit, chili sugar and soda.
Amazonic Caipirinha 12€
– Cachaça, mango, caju and electric flower of Amazonia.
Tropical Mojito 8€
– Rum, mint and spicy mango.
Afterparty en Tokio 10€
– Japanese whiskey, rooibos syrup, lime, red fruit foam and matcha tea sugar.
FROM THE STREET
Clasic Chilcano 9€
– Pisco, lime, ginger ale and bitters.
Rocoto Mango Sour 9€
– Pisco infused with rocoto, mango and lime.
Berry Pisco Sour 9€
– Pisco, egg white, red fruit puree.
Maracuyá Pisco Sour 9€
– Pisco, passion fruit puree, egg white and homemade syrup.
Margarita Solero (straight up) 8€
– Tequila, passion fruit, vanilla liqueur.
Clasic Mojito 8€
– Rum, mint, lime and brown sugar.
Buttered Rum Old Fashioned 12€
– Narrow 1919 rum dipped in butter, Zacapa 23 years, syrup all spice and cinnamon smoke.
Picanteria Colada 9€
– Spiced rum, Malibu, coconut puree, pineapple juice and cayenne syrup.
Espresso Mariachi 9€
– Mezcal, Kalua, coffee, Frangelico.
The Tijuana 8€
– Mezcal, vanilla liqueur, pineapple juice and egg white.
Amaretto Sour 8€
– Amaretto, lime, egg white and syrup.
Virgin Mojito 6€
– Passion fruit, pineapple, mint and vanilla.
Cajú juice of Amazónia 3€
El Capitán 3,5€
– Pisco with incredible peanut flavor.
Tequila Cinnamon 3,5€
– Tequila infused in cinnamon.
Reposed Tequila 3,5€
– With lime and tajin salt.
Mezcal Vida 5€
– With orange and tajín salt.
– With lemon peel.
– With grape carpaccio.
– With cucumber.
– With red berries.
– With rosemary and lemon peel.
Monkey 47 12€
– With smoked rosemary and lemon peel.
25 cl Estrella Damm 1,8€
33 cl Estrella Damm 2,8€
Free Damm (Alcohol free beer) 2,5€
Daura (Gluten free) 2,8€
Red Vermouth 4€
– Rested in barrel of Jerez, with orange and gilda.